Article Coverage: Luna Classic Performance, Latest Luna Classic News, Luna Classic Technical Analysis, Luna Classic Price Prediction Today, Luna Classic Price Prediction 2023-2030, Analysis of Luna Classic Burn Program, Is Luna Classic a Good Investment?
Luna Classic Price Live
LUNC which is the old Terra Luna has outperformed most cryptocurrencies since its relaunch in late May. However, LUNC price has struggled after the on-chain Burn tax was implemented in September 2022.
|Last 7 Days
|Last 1 Month
|Last 12 Months
Latest Luna Classic News
The burn tax increase proposal has been officially rejected.
- The Luna Classic community’s proposal for a 1.5% burn tax increase on LUNC transactions was rejected by the community. Community members are concerned that the tax increase would harm the adoption and price of LUNC. Rejection of the proposal was seen as a victory for the LUNC community.
- The vote on the proposal was close, with 52% of voters rejecting it and 48% voting in favor of it. The proposal was put forward by a group of validators called the “Luna Classic Core Alliance.”
Cosmos Stacks Developers Propose to Assist Terra Luna Classic For LUNC Revival
- Cosmos Stacks developers from Genuine Labs extend support to Terra Luna Classic’s community for the revival of LUNC and USTC repeg. They’re proposing significant improvements addressing identified issues. Proposal 11940, titled “Genuine Labs Terra Classic Development Proposal,” is open for governance voting via the Terra Luna Classic-backed Station wallet.
- The development team, comprising senior developers Nguyen and Minh, alongside junior developer Dong, brings expertise from projects like Osmosis, Quicksilver, Stride, and Composable. Their experience spans core repositories such as Gravity-Bridge, IBC-Go, and Cosmos-SDK, including contributions like the fee abstraction module.
- The proposal outlines plans to initially focus on integrating and enhancing IBC Hooks, Packet Forward Middleware (PFM), and refining end-to-end testing for the fee tax charging mechanism. Fragwuerdig, a former L1TF member, noted the previous implementation of IBC-hooks and PFM on a specific branch, suggesting a potential need to repost the job proposal.
- For their proposed improvements within a 6-week timeline, the team seeks $16,000. Their aim is to bolster the Terra Luna Classic ecosystem with valuable enhancements.
Read our detailed technical analysis later.
The average trading volume of Luna Classic in December is the highest in more than a year. It has also surpassed the trading volumes of Luna 2.0 and Shiba Inu.
- Luna Classic: July-Sep: $24M, Oct-Nov: $91M, Dec: $346M
- Luna 2.0: July-Sep:$44M, Oct–Nov: $94M, Dec: $197M
- Shiba Inu: July-Sep: $161M, Oct-Nov: $151.0M, Dec: $347M
- As per the Coinmarketcap data, the total Luna Classic supply is 6,832,795,932,996 LUNC while the circulating supply stands at 5,804,323,516,404 LUNC. One year ago, the circulating supply was 6.15 Trillion tokens (Source: Coinmarketcap).
- Total tokens removed from circulation since May 13, 2022: 86.38 billion.
- LUNC Burned On-Chain: 32.64 B which is 38% of Total Burn. LUNC added to the Burn Wallet 53.74 B which is 63% of the Total.
- Lunc Metrics Data: LUNC tokens burned in the last 7 days: 694.28 M which is around 99,182,881 LUNC per day.
Net Buy Rating = Buy% – Sell%
- July 1st: +35.0%
- Sept 1st: +37.8%
- Nov 1st: +36.7%
- Dec 1st: +48.0%
- Dec 26th: +35.0%
- Dec 27th: +32.0%
Terra Luna Classic Price Predictions
The Luna Classic Community has aspirational questions like Will Luna Classic reach $1 or $10? However, a more pragmatic view is required both from a technical and use cases point of view. Firstly, the daily predictions.
UTC: Dec 27th, 2023 06:09 PM
- Luna Classic Price Prediction in the next 24 hours is between $0.000143 and $0.000153
- Luna Classic Price Prediction this week is between $0.000131 and $0.000161
UTC: Dec 27th, 2023 02:51 PM
|1. Market's Wisdom
|1a. Market Data
|1b. Technical Recommendation
|2. Crowd's Wisdom
|2a. Social Media Buzz
|2b. Social Media Sentiment
After being able to hold above $0.000150 for the last couple of days, the Luna Classic price has broken below this level. LUNC is on the downtrend and the $0.00010 price level will be an important price level for the Luna Classic holders. In the last week of November 2023, LUNC broke above $0.00010 and the buyers have been able to hold the Luna Classic price above this level.
Technically, LUNC is oversold. The RSI reading for Luna Classic on the 4-hour timeframe chart is 33.34. This means that the recent downward movement in LUNC’s price has been significant enough to potentially indicate an undervalued condition of Luna Classic. A reversal can be expected at this level but considering the current outlook a further price pullback can be expected before a reversal happens.
Additionally, Luna Classic is now trading below its both 50-day and 200-day Moving Averages which are at $0.000158 and $0.000151 respectively. Trading below both the 50-day and 200-day MAs on the 4-hour chart typically implies a bearish sentiment. It suggests that the recent and longer-term average prices are lower than the current price, potentially indicating a lack of strength in the current price movement or a potential downtrend.
For Luna Classic $0.000140 is the initial support and a fall below this level could lead to the Luna Classic price falling close to $0.00010. In terms of resistance, the $0.000167 price is the first level of resistance for Luna Classic. If Luna Classic manages to break above this level, the $0.000180 price will be the higher level of resistance for the asset.
The market sentiment surrounding Luna Classic is negative. On the Fear and Greed chart, the F&G indicator bars are on the Fear zone. Added to it, the momentum oscillator is oscillating within the bearish axis.
On the MACD chart, the MACD line is below the signal line, and the red histogram bars have increased on the negative axis. This is a sell signal.
Considering the technical indicators on the 4-hour timeframe chart, the current outlook of LUNC is bearish.
LUNC Price forecast estimates are a function of various analyst opinions. These estimates are based on certain assumptions
- The recent performance of Luna Classic
- Coins likely to be burnt through on-chain Burn Tax
- Macroeconomic conditions
- Execution of plans
- Likely Ecosystem growth
The macroeconomics picture is likely to improve in the first half of 2024. We expect Substantial improvement in both coin dynamics and macroeconomics in 2025. This should drive the price of Luna Classic significantly higher. But Regulatory headwinds could keep the price rise in check. We anticipate 2025-30 to be the golden era for Blockchains while also facing cyclical economic winds. Still, LUNC could rise significantly higher by 2030.
Here are Aggregated Terra Luna Classic Price predictions until 2030
- Luna Classic Price Prediction 2023 is $0.000148
- Luna Classic Price Prediction 2024 is $0.000286
- Luna Classic Price Prediction 2025 is $0.000375
- Luna Classic Price Prediction 2026 is $0.000450
- Luna Classic Price Prediction 2027 is $0.000573
- Luna Classic Price Prediction 2028 is $0.000818
- Luna Classic Price Prediction 2029 is $0.00146
- Luna Classic Price Prediction 2030 is $0.00175
Terra Luna Classic, formerly known as the LUNA token, was launched in May 2022 after the crash of Terra Foundation’s UST (Stable Coin). To compensate customers, Terra Foundation launched a fork called Terra LUNA (2.0) blockchain and Token. LUNA token was rebranded as Luna Classic or LUNC, and much of the control was handed over to the LUNC community. The newer LUNA 2.0 token retained the original symbol $LUNA.
While awareness of Luna Classic is moderate, it is backed by a strong community, and their involvement has been integral to the coin’s revival. Luna Classic has some use cases, but there aren’t too many apps being developed on Terra Classic’s blockchain. The top active projects on Terra Classic include Terra Swap, Metagloria NFT, Eris Protocol, Terra Rebels Moonshot, and P2P Lunc Dispute. The Luna Classic Community claims an expanding ecosystem that includes Terra Swap DEX, Luna Punks NFT, Pulsar Finance, Atomic Wallet, Loop, TFM, Hermes Protocol, etc. Many of these are not active on Terra Classic.
At the moment, aside from community and an aggressive burn program, there is little to differentiate LUNC from other tokens. While this is a good starting point, it is not enough to warrant a great case for investment. LUNC is currently in the middle of tech improvements and upgrades, which could classify it as a moderate case for investment. Terra Luna Classic heavily depends on the community to continue its success, but it needs other investors to move the price higher. For that to happen, the Terra Luna Classic blockchain will have to host a variety of apps and improve the lives of consumers and businesses.
Macroeconomic- US Interest rate hikes are likely to end later this year and some rate cuts may even begin by the middle of next year, the earlier the rate cuts, the better for Luna Classic
Competition- LUNC has made gradual progress this year during which numerous other cryptocurrencies have moved ahead. This will continue to be a big factor going forward.
Use case expansion- The original LUNA was a major player in the DeFi space with Billions of Dollars of Total Value Locked. The current LUNC ecosystem is thin or non-existent. DApps are beginning to come on board but at a very slow pace. There isn’t much to differentiate itself from other cryptocurrencies either.
Strong Community-The Luna Classic community has proven itself to be extremely resourceful in getting things done
Emerging Tokens: Numerous Tokens are improving use cases and are better funded and organized than Luna Classic. The returns are way better and the hassles lower
Post Burn Struggle: Ever since Burn was implemented, LUNC has consistently underperformed other coins. While it is fair not to attribute it to Burn alone, the fact is also that many of the other Tokens have hardly done anything of value during the same period but gained on account of Market Level Pumps
Developments don’t guarantee Success: Even if all Dev plans are implemented, LUNC still needs to attract the best Dapps and Creators on the blockchain. It will be extremely difficult given the intense competition at the moment. Ethereum, Polygon, ImmutableX, Tron, BSC, Solana, etc are better placed given that they are better organized than Luna Classic
Community Conflict: Unlike the Shiba Inu community, the LUNC community is constantly in Strife. This has a direct impact on the blockchain itself. LUNC also relies on a few developers who may or may not hang around to complete the job. The risks are relatively higher than other Tokens.
Does Luna Classic have a future?
We typically tend to be pessimistic about Tokens that don’t have use cases. Luna Classic is one of those Tokens. However, the intense community engagements make Luna Classic different. The recent proposals passed and implementation gives investors hope that this Token could recover at some point in the future. So at the moment, we won’t rule out Luna Classic and actually, go out and say that Luna Classic does have a future. That future is hazy at the moment but efforts on to clear the haziness.
Will Luna Classic become worthless?
There is no evidence at the moment that Luna Classic will be worthless.
What is a Burn Program?
Purpose: Burn programs are often launched to influence token prices to rise quickly or to prevent a rapid fall in Token prices. By reducing the number of Tokens in circulation, the value of the remaining Tokens should rise assuming the Market Cap is constant. There are a variety of burn programs but most eventually involve sending tokens to an address with no known private key.
Do Burn programs have an impact on price? The announcements of new burn programs often tend to positively impact prices. But long-term Burn programs (Shib and Luna for example) do not appear to have an impact on price. For example, the Luna classic on-chain tax has had no visible impact on price and while Luna classic outperformed Luna before the Tax was implemented, both the tokens are underperforming after the tax was implemented. The other issue is that many of these Burn programs are not linked to the minting of new tokens and therefore the purpose of reducing the Tokens themselves is not met.
The recent Luna Classic community decision to cut down on Minting is helpful and would enable Burn to have a real impact in the long run (1-2 years).
- LUNC community members proposed increasing Burn tax rates again
- Some community members are not in favor of reducing taxes and suggest alternative approaches, such as applying a smaller tax or increasing utility.
- Some community members believe that the decline in volume was due to the initial hype of the project coming to an end, and not because of the tax rate.
Luna Classic can be bought on numerous major centralized and decentralized crypto exchanges including Binance, KuCoin, Kraken, Gemini, OKX, Huobi, Gate.io, Bybit, Uniswap, and PancakeSwap.
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view on the likely trends in the Stocks or Crypto Coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.
The Author does not own a position in this cryptocurrency